Monday, May 16, 2005

Enron: a Cautionary Tale for Merck?

I saw the documentary “Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room” today. Great doc. Worth seeing.

In the last ten minutes it occurred to me that the back room deals that were exposed by the fall of Enron – the fact that all the major U.S. banks, the accounting firm Arthur Andersen, as well as dozens of stock traders and all the senior managers at Enron colluded to make some serious money for themselves – will likely be the story that is one day exposed about the vaccine industry and its ties to corporate and government interests.

Don't be fooled into believing that public health is the goal of the vaccine industry and all its players. Personal gain by a few well-positioned executives will be exposed in due course. It’s slowly happening in other areas of the big pharma world. It may take a few more years, but I feel pretty confident that I'll be able to say, "I told you so," one day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home