Monday, March 12, 2007

If a painted black cat crosses your path...

Super quick post.

Last week, while roofers were replacing the shingles on my house, door-dudes were here replacing the French doors to my back deck, mon dieu! Condensation between the window panes… door frame starting to rot – who’s crazy idea was it to build a city in the middle of a rain forest??

Anyway… new, unpainted doors. Rain for the past week. Today the first sunny break. So I donned my painting duds and set out to put some protection on the primer before my new doors started to suffer water damage.

All’s going well. I’m 3 minutes from done with just one paint drop on the deck, easily wiped up and onto my jeans.

And then all chaos breaks loose. Gryphon, who until today was the only good cat in the brood, decided it was a good idea to sit on the paint lid – which of course was sitting paint side to the sky! Bum onto black oil-based paint can lid, quick change of mind, lid upturned on deck (peanut butter side down, of course!), cat disappeared back into the house.

Easy to follow Bad Cat III’s path – and the number of times he sat down. Four. Four black, oil-based paint, cat bum prints on my floor.

And now, instead of doing the work I desperately need to get done, I have to find Gryphon and cut his painted tail feathers from him… I figure the embarrassment he’ll suffer having a bare ass is better than the stomach upset he’ll feel if he licks the paint off…

I will be the crazy cat lady one day… heading quickly down that path…

Oh - and if anyone mentions karma... I'll be shipping all three bad cats to you. Consider it fair warning.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger JavaRoasters said...

This stuff happens to you because of the force generated by your personal actions to determine the nature of your next existence ... or it is just fate!!!!

March 12, 2007  
Blogger Donna said...

You are treading dangerously close to the "get three free cats" edge, my friend. I know where you live...

March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm off line for a few days waiting for the fucking internet to finally get fixed right and you post not one but 3 posts! And of course its KARMA! What else would it be? Look on the bright side, now you'll have black spots to remind you to take care of the damn repairs when they need it. Shit, gotta run, gotta change the oil in the car, get the windshield replaced, write that list of photos for the new customer, buy something to eat after I figure out where the store is..... oh, and just try sending them cats over the border!

March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I feel SOOOOO Good about my day now ..... thanx donna

signed,

BIG SMILE

March 14, 2007  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

Which brings me to number 8 on my list as to why I'm a dog person. I dog would not sit in paint. Lick it up and barf all over the house perhaps, but not sit in it.

G.

March 15, 2007  
Blogger Donna said...

It's true... cats is stupider than dogs... but dogs are too much work for a lazy girl like me (daily walks? in the rain? no thanks!).

Once I figiure out a humane way to rid my life of these cats I am replacing them with the only pet that is worth paying vet bills for: hooded rats.

I had two (and fostered a third while her owner was in the UK) when I was in college/university. Still the best pets ever. And rats are smarter than dogs, to boot!

March 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shouldn't one sequester the livestock BEFORE starting paint projects ?? D'uuuhhhhhhhh

March 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home