Friday, March 09, 2007

At least I’m not pregnant with twins

That’s my new motto.

It was a line used on me last week at the conference I was animating in Toronto. The woman who was organizing the logistics had been handed the event at the last minute by her colleague who had to leave town. It was a little chaotic for all of us.

I threw my hands up at one point, shaking my head at some mess-up and she quickly put it all in context for me… “at least you’re not pregnant with twins.”

She had just found out that that was her situation. I had to agree. And over the last week I’ve called on that blessing several times.

Mr. Wonderful’s car was totaled while it sat in his yard and we goofed around in Whistler (in my car) last Sunday. He’s only getting $750 from ICBC since it has such high mileage… but at least he’s not pregnant with twins!

My eleven-year old house had a new roof put on this week since the original one was flying off in the wind. The initial quote was for $10,000 (tax in). The damage was worse than we thought. Final bill is over $13,000… but at least I’m not pregnant with twins!

The exterior wall behind my chimney has been slowly rotting for over a year. I’ve diligently ignored it but now the damage has gone into the structure. So now I have to pay for more work than would have been required last spring when I first noticed the damage. No doubt that I’m an idiot, but at least I’m not pregnant with twins!

My fabulous roommate announced today that he’s moving out to live with one of his friends. I’ll be very, very sad to lose his company… but… at least I’m not pregnant with twins!

Yes, crap flies freely around my house these days… but I have little to complain about when compared to what I could be dealing with. And … I’m not pregnant – with twins or otherwise. Thank god for small blessings!

7 Comments:

Blogger JavaRoasters said...

I don't think it is your new motto, I think it is a premonition!!!

I will wait quietly now till your post next month when you say you are late and tossed your cookies after you got up in the morning ... but at least you are not pregnant with twins!!!!

March 10, 2007  
Blogger Jude said...

Ya, I agree with the other comments here... You might as well go ahead and get pregnant with twins. That way your worst fear will have been realized. After that everything will be smooth sailing. Well, as smooth as sailing can be when you have twins...

March 13, 2007  
Blogger Geoffrey Milder said...

"We suffered terrible indigestion from eating WAY too many tempura yam rolls...but at least we're not pregnant with twins....despite the fact that our distended bellies feel that way."

G.

March 15, 2007  
Blogger Donna said...

These comments reminded me that I've already had twins. Liam is a gemini. My ex-mother-in-law was quite fond of telling me that raising a gemini child is like raising two children, gemini being the sign of the twins...

Ha! You all thought you'd jynx me. No freaking way am I subjecting another innocent soul to the trauma of being raised by yours truly.

March 15, 2007  
Blogger no said...

Twins or not, it looks like i dodged a bullet in that place! Praise Jesus for creative financing. ;)

March 16, 2007  
Blogger JavaRoasters said...

Since things usually happen in three's my guess is you will be having triplet's. Now that would be Karma!!!!

March 17, 2007  
Blogger Sanju said...

HOW CAN I GET PREGNANT
OVULATION KIT - FREE DELIVERY IN ALL OVER INDIA
(For Credit Card /Debit Card /Net Banking /Mob pay/Bank A/c)
HOME CHECK OVULATION TEST KIT -Rs. 345 (Pack Containing 7 Ovulation Kit and one Pregnancy Kit FREE)
Now Plan your pregnancy as you like you can now choose your time and date of pregnancy with home check ovulation kit
INDIA
Call – 011-43104538, 09560506177
Mail: - home.check.new@gmail.com

May 11, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home