Monday, November 06, 2006

Hallelujah! There is hope for sanity in the world!


Now, until a couple of weeks ago when my two lovely and talented blogosphere pals, Greg of Bastard of art and commerce, and Geoff of Geoff’s Periodic Inanities, blogged about videos they’d seen at YouTube, I’d never heard of the site. (Yes, yes, I live under a rock, but it’s a conscious choice that I’m good with).

Today, the best news ever from CNN:

NEW YORK (CNN) -- YouTube, the video-sharing Web site, can now add "Invention of the Year" to its growing list of honors this year, Time magazine announced Monday.

The publication chose YouTube over inventions such as Merck's Gardasil, a vaccine that prevents a cancer-causing sexually transmitted disease, and CrustaStun, a device that electrocutes a lobster in five seconds, and is touted as a humane alternative to boiling.

Long-time readers know of my visceral hatred of the vaccine industry. If you’re new to my blog and want to see spitting and cussing, check out anything I posted in 2005. My blood pressure is going up just thinking about it.

Now I have a mission: make some short, clever anti-vaccine videos and post them at YouTube... with more than 70 million video views every day at the site, my informed and informative ranting will likely find a couple of people willing to watch, listen and learn about the evil vaccine empire (and yes, Bill Gates is behind a lot of that evil, too!).

Oh - and did you know it was now officially "Flu Season?" Yessiree. Spring, summer, autumn, flu, winter.

What does Flu Season mean? Vaccine promotions to encourage every freaking, breathing biped to get a flu shot kick into high gear.

Don't buy the hype. And if you're inclined to buy the hype, read these flu posts from last year first. (My goodness I can get excited...can you spell breathless hyperbole? I need a pill.)
  1. I think my head is going to explode
  2. You say pandemic, I say fear-mongering
And for fun, check out this very funny flu vaccine news story from YouTube! The circle is complete... Oh, except for the lobsters... YouTube... vaccines... lobsters... I'm sure someone could do something with that! Not me. Not now. My rock is calling me. Rock... Rock Lobster... B-52s... isn't there a game like this? Someone play with me??

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think making a video for posting to YouTube is a WONDERFUL idea. It's a great way to get lots and lots of informal exposure in a hurry. And those kinds of reactions can be used as arsenal when pitching the more sedate powers-that-be.

I'm one of those flu-vaccine habitués that actually benefit from the annual booster shot. I've a compromised immune system (sarcoidosis). With the shot, I'm functional. Without it (believe me, I have tried life without it)I am a wreck for months each winter.

My parents, however, have never needed the shots. They are in their 70s now, and still do not follow the herd for the annual shots. They are healthy, they do not need it, and so they choose not to use it.

I say, go for it! YouTube has some amazing possibilities for extended exposure of your video work. Let me know if/when you submit an offering. I'll go online and start pointing people from my own blogs towards the video.

November 10, 2006  
Blogger Greg Mills said...

I think YouTube would be right up your alley. Good way to distribute info cheaply.

Get thee a digital video camera.

November 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home