Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Revised Oath for Doctors

This is from a doctor in India, Dr. Leo Rebello. He wrote it in 2003, believing the Hippocratic Oath to be partly outdated. I’m not saying I agree or disagree with his oath, but it’s interesting to see what he believes to be important to commit to. I wonder how many American and Canadian doctors would ever commit to the same...

Many doctors have forgotten their Hippocratic oath or humanism. Therefore, I would like to administer the following oath to the doctors to serve as a reminder as to how important is their profession. Doctors to please repeat after me.

I, -------------, do hereby swear on this solemn day that :-
I shall NOT prescribe unnecessary medicines and tests to my patients;
I shall NOT give false counseling;
I shall NOT overcharge and accept cuts and gifts;
I shall NOT rape tiny tots with inoculations or vaccinations, for they pollute the blood stream of small children leading to serious diseases like AIDS, Cancers, Autism, etc;
I shall NOT prescribe lethal drugs, like anti-retrovirals, chemotherapy, or give ECT to my patients;
I shall NOT be afraid of any authority and fabricate medical records or give false evidence;
I shall NOT exploit students studying under me;
I shall NOT manipulate findings or results to win grants.

The oath has more points that you can read at Health Wisdom by clicking though to the Doctor’s Oath (left column)

Hey! July 1st is Doctor’s Day…make an appointment…get a prescription…everyone will feel better!

3 Comments:

Blogger Art Hornbie said...

Have you checked this link?
Found it on How to Save the World.

June 22, 2005  
Blogger roclin said...

Hey international friends! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the dating service maybe endless. Maybe I will have a better keyword, searching for match maker since my keyword "instant" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

November 30, 2005  
Blogger roclin said...

Hey everyone! Cool site! The customer support seems good and the technology jobs are endless. Maybe I will have a better directmatch searching for human resources
since my keyword "customer care jobs" did not fit as intended.
Glad I found you! Keep on keepin on!

December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home